Job Alert: NUST Offers Two Senior Lectureships in Physics
DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED PHYSICS
The University seeks to recruit applicants with requisite qualifications, skills and experience for the above mentioned post in the Faculty of Applied Sciences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The successful applicant is expected to be conversant with the basic Physics taught at undergraduate level.
- He/ she shall be expected to teach the undergraduate modules in addition to the courses in MSc Lasers and Applied Optics programme.
- He/ she shall participate in all the Education 5.0 pillars that require him/ her to actively be engaged in meaningful research that leads to development and economic sustainability.
- In doing so, he/ she shall be expected to attract funding for research and foster collaborative research within the Department, Faculty and with other Institutions.
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant must hold a PhD qualification in any one of Physics, Solid State Physics, Applied Physics and Lasers and Applied Optics.
- An applicant who holds a Master of Science Degree in any one of the discipline above may be considered for the post.
- A Master of Science Degree holder will be expected to register for studies leading to a PhD qualification in any one of the fields above.
- Proof of active research in the form of published papers and at least two years teaching experience will be a definite advantage.
Conditions Of Service:
An attractive package which includes Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits is offered; details of which will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applications, which should include a Curriculum Vitae (giving full personal particulars of applicant, including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone numbers and the names, addresses (including e-mail) and telephone numbers of three contactable referees) and copies of certificates must be addressed to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar
Human Resources Department
National University of Science and Technology
P O Box AC 939
And e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line.
NB: The National University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 07 July 2023