Die-Hard Liverpool Fan Fights for His Life After Being Stabbed by a Chelsea Supporter[Image Credit: Facebook]

Die-Hard Liverpool Fan Fights for His Life After Being Stabbed by a Chelsea Supporter

A die-hard Liverpool fan is fighting for his life after being stabbed by a bitter Chelsea supporter following their English Premiership clash.

The Liverpool fan, identified as 18-year-old Malvin Noah, appeared in court facing an attempted murder charge.

A Fierce Rivalry Turns Violent

The incident occurred at Specimen Shops in Glen Norah, where patrons gathered to watch the league match between Liverpool and Chelsea. Liverpool’s 4-1 victory reportedly ignited a confrontation between Noah and the victim, known only as Paul.

ALSO READ: Manica Diamonds Set to Hijack Dynamos’ Khama Billiat Signing Plans

Denial and Conflicting Accounts

During the court proceedings, Noah denied stabbing Paul. He claimed that he was provoked and assaulted by the Liverpool fan. Noah stated that Paul taunted him for supporting Chelsea and that the altercation escalated as they left the bar.

ALSO READ: Former ZIFA President Kamambo Claims Bribery Charges Driven by Feud with Chiyangwa

Bail Granted with Address Explanation

Magistrate Donald Ndirowei ruled that there were no compelling reasons to detain Noah before the trial. Noah explained that he resides in Glen View 6 new stands, an area without numbered houses, making it difficult to provide a precise address. He was granted bail set at US$40.

ALSO READ: Chicken Slice Ex-Accountant Faces Court for Shocking US$45K Fraud Scandal

Prosecutor’s Opposition and Noah’s Response

Prosecutor Anesu Chirenje opposed bail, citing the victim’s hospitalization and Noah’s alleged failure to provide a complete address to the police. Noah responded by clarifying the address situation in Glen View 6 new stands, emphasizing that the lack of addresses is a common issue.

ALSO READ: Mbare Anglican Senior Priest in Court for Indecent Assault Scandal

Ongoing Investigation and Victim’s Condition

As the case unfolds, authorities continue their investigation into the incident. Meanwhile, the Liverpool fan remains in intensive care, fighting for his life.