Mbare Thigh Vendors Ambushed, Molested, and Robbed in Terrifying Attack[Image Credit: Facebook]

Mbare Thigh Vendors Ambushed, Molested, and Robbed in Terrifying Attack

Two Mbare thigh vendors fell victims to a horrifying crime on Saturday night as they were molested and robbed at knifepoint. The incident took place at a secluded place near Mukuvisi River in Mbare.

Police Confirmation and Safety Advisory

Harare provincial police spokesperson, Inspector Luckmore Chakanza, confirmed the harrowing case. He issued a stern warning to women, urging them to avoid loitering in unsafe areas during nighttime.

ALSO READ: Chitungwiza Butcher Arrested for Molesting and Impregnating 12-Year-Old Girl

Deceptive Invitation Leads to Tragic Ordeal

[Image Credit: Facebook]
According to Inspector Chakanza, the victims were approached by two unidentified men who requested their services. The women agreed to accompany the men to one of their residences in Joburg Lines, Mbare. They boarded a commuter omnibus that dropped them near Rufaro Stadium before being lured to a secluded location near Mukuvisi River, specifically a maize field behind Gwinyai Primary School.

ALSO READ: Mysterious Death at Lodge: Bulawayo Man Found Dead Hanging from Lodge’s Roof

Violent Threats and Robbery

Once in the maize field, one of the assailants brandished an Okapi knife, threatening to kill the victims if they did not comply with their demands. The perpetrators instructed the women to surrender their cellphones and cash.

“The accused persons instructed the complainants to surrender their cellphones and cash,” stated Inspector Chakanza.

ALSO READ: Murehwa Man Accused of Molesting Teen Shows Inappropriate Behavior at Wife’s Funeral

Victims Coerced into Vulnerable Position

One victim handed over a Huawei cellphone and US$70 in cash, while the other surrendered an Itel cellphone. The accused then compelled the victims to undress, lie on the ground, and proceeded to sexually assault them without using protection.

Escape and Medical Examination

After the assault, the perpetrators fled the scene, leaving the traumatized victims behind. The women sought medical attention and were referred to the MSF clinic for examination and support.