Job Alert: BUSE Searches for New ICT Director to Revolutionize Technology Landscape!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
This is a Senior Management post which requires the ability to assimilate and analyze information quickly and accurately, think strategically and ensure all University ICT resources are managed efficiently to support the institution’s operations. The Director shall report to the Vice Chancellor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the University’s Strategic Plan through the designing of sound Information Technology Strategic Plan, Policies and Procedures.
- Supporting Faculties and Departments in the achievement of their goals by designing and implementing information systems of diverse protocols and platforms to support Education 5.0 and other administrative needs.
- Advising management on issues of Information and Communication Technology by designing relevant ICT courses for academic staff, administrative staff and students.
- Overseeing the development, implementation and maintenance of Information Technology Policy and Systems in the University by directing, assigning, coordinating, reviewing and evaluating the work of IT staff for maximum productivity.
- Overseeing the identification of ICT user needs for the University by interpreting ICT needs for the whole university and developing functional or departmental ICT strategies aligned to the University-wide strategic plan.
- Formulate and/or review cross-cutting and specific ICT policies and procedures.
- Managing the smooth running for all ICT systems, including anti-virus software ,print services and email provision.
- Provide appropriate and timely ICT solutions and responses to University operational process challenges.
- Manage the regular infrastructure audits and identify areas that need improvement as well as continuously upgrade hardware and software technologies in line with global trends.
- Ensuring that all ICT systems in the University are always fully functional and up to date.
- Performing any other duties assigned by working effectively with superiors and subordinates, information systems managers, staff, students and partners in managing the University’s technology resources and support facilities, local, wide, wireless, internet, cloud and intranet networks, telephone and all related software program.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applications must hold a Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent and a first Degree in related field.
- The successful applicant should have thorough knowledge of designing enterprise ICT infrastructure and developing information systems for a diverse academic and administrative community in addition to at least six (6) years’ experience at managerial level.
- Good working knowledge of Information Governance , risk and its application within IT.
- A clear understanding of University ICT Policy.
- A thorough understanding of ISO 2000 requirements for ICT governance advisory services.
- Demonstrable knowledge of hardware, software and operating systems.
- Be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker.
- Be a proactive member of the University Management team.
- The ability to relate at the highest levels in the profession and beyond.
- Good leadership skills.
- Possession of good interpersonal skills and a character of high integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to: email@example.com consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Deadline: 26 June 2023.